Braintree Snooker League AGM
Liberal Club 05/06/2013
1. Attendees –
Peter Orpe – League Secretary,
Barry Parker – Treasurer,
Andy Gill – Liberal,
Peter Saville – Dunmow and Website,
Ed Tuerena – Sportsman,
Colin Ballard – Step X
Phil King – Step X
Mel Parker – Liberal,
Les Franklin – Results Secretary
Aiden Kenon – Step X,
Luke Piper Lib B,
Wayne Mortier – Step X,
2. Apologies – Tony Garrett, Simon Xeni, Stuart Turner
3. Minutes and matters arising – Minutes agreed as a true record.
4. Secretary’s report – Peter Orpe read through his report (attached). There were no questions.
5. Treasurer’s report – Barry Parker reported that the league were now in a healthy position with a bank balance that will be above £300 once all debts were paid. There would not be a need to increase subs next year. Peter Orpe stated that it was necessary to have some reserves for the league to be able to run efficiently.
6. Election of Officers – All the current league officers were unanimously re-elected unopposed.
League Secretary – Peter Orpe
Treasurer – Barry Parker
Fixture Secretary – Les Franklin
Committee members – Andy Gill, Colin Ballard, Phil King, Tony Garrett
7. AOB – The Cups owned by the league were not all up to date on engravings or all their current locations known. The committee will look into this over the next season and try to rectify. There would be a need to replace some of the shields in time. This is another reason to build up some sensible reserves.
The meeting was closed followed by an 11up comp and presentations. Stepfield B were not present to collect their trophies which have been retained by Peter Orpe.