AG Glass Braintree and District Snooker League
Minutes of AGM held at the Liberal Club on 21/05/2014
1. Attendees –
Peter Orpe – League Secretary,
Andy Gill – Liberal
Peter Saville – Dunmow and Website
Ed Tuerena – Sportsman
Colin Ballard – Earls Colne
Phil King – Earls Colne
Mel Parker – Liberal
Les Franklin – Results Secretary
Aiden Kenon – Earls Colne
Steve Robinson – Sportsman
Dan Robinson – Sportsman
Terry Hempstead – Stepfield
Ashley Ballard – Tomos Tavern
Justin Rose – Gosfield
Andy Rose – Gosfield
Dan Lincoln – Liberal
Reg Lincoln – Liberal
2. Apologies – Tony Garrett, Stuart Turner.
3. Minutes and matters arising – Minutes agreed as a true record.
4. Secretary’s report – Peter Orpe read through his report (attached). There were no questions.
5. Treasurer’s report – There was no report this year due to our league Treasurer Barry Parker Passing away. Les Franklin went through the current position of the league finances. We currently have £905.21 in the bank and owe £300 for trophies leaving £605.21.
6. League Sponsorship – PO explained that the league had received two offers of sponsorship both covering two years. He explained that the meeting needed to make two decisions. First was whether we wished as a league to accept sponsorship; this would mean changing the name of the league. Then to decide between the two sponsors. Following some discussion the meeting approved the acceptance of sponsorship. PO detailed the two offers. 1, Bullet Brickwork of Saffron Walden had offered £350 a year for two years. 2, AG Glass of Braintree had offered £250 a year for two years. (Andy Gill was asked to leave the meeting whilst this was discussed). PO explained that the committee had recommended the acceptance of the Bullet Brickwork offer. Following questions and discussion a vote was taken. The meeting was in favour of AG Glass. Andy Gill was informed and asked to provide advertising info for the website. PO will liaise with AG re sponsorship deal.
7. Election of Officers – The following were nominated, seconded and duly elected onto the committee -:
League Secretary – Peter Orpe
Treasurer – Bruno Bothelo
Fixture Secretary – Les Franklin
Website – Peter Saville
Committee members – Andy Gill, Colin Ballard, Phil King, Tony Garrett
8. AOB – The Cups owned by the league were not all up to date on engravings or all their current locations known. The committee will look into this over the next season and try to rectify. There would be a need to replace some of the shields in time. This is another reason to build up some sensible reserves.
The meeting was closed. The annual 11up tournament was held followed by the presentation of winner’s trophies for the season.