The AGM, 11up competition and Presentations will be held at the liberal club 7:30pm Wednesday 14th June 2017.
I am pleased to say we are now down to the finals of all the competitions.
I think special congratulations must go to Bruno who has reached the final of all 4 competitions he was eligible to enter. This means however that we cannot stage a finals night as he can only be on one table at a time. Ed at the sportsman has agreed that all the finals can be played at the sportsman over the next couple of weeks. The finals are -:
1. Team KO Sports a V Dunmow B – Played last wednesday congratulations to Sports A who beat Dunmow B 4-2 It was a close thing and was decided on the last game.
2. Open Bruno V Stu Turner – TBA
3. Handicap Bruno V Charlie Ripp – at the Sportsman net Wednesday 24th May
4. Doubles Bruno/Baker V Rose/Jones TBA
5. Plus handicap open Luken Piper V Mick Durrant – TBA
I am hopeful that the doubles and plus Handicap can be played on Wednesday 31st May but am waiting to hear from Luke and Justin.
Playing the competitions in this way was an experiment this year. There has been some difficulty in getting all the games completed so I intend to suggest we go back to one day comps at the weekend for most of them next year. I would however appreciate your thoughts on this at the AGM.
Lastly I know there are a couple of teams that have not paid Bruno their league fees yet. Could you please do so now or at the latest bring a cheque to the AGM. Please confirm with Bruno. Without these fees the league will go into debt as we need to purchase the trophies.